Indian Curry Shrimp
Delicious Indian curry shrimp.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1/4 cup Spicy Curry Powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 lb jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 3 tbsp finely diced green OR red chilies (such as jalapeÃ±o)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and cubed mango (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Combine curry seasoning, oil and lime juice in a large shallow dish. Add shrimp and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet or wok to medium-high. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard any remaining marinade. Add shrimp, butter, and chilies to skillet; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn opaque. Add garlic, ginger, yellow onion, mango and green onion. Sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are almost done. Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes. Serve over cooked basmati rice.