Potato & Poblano Turkey Tacos
Delicious Potato & Poblano Turkey Tacos.
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 12 tacos
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chipotle Chile
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz small red potatoes
- Divided, 2 to 3 tablespoons Crisco Oil
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 12 corn OR flour tortillas
- 3 roasted poblano peppers, seeded and diced*
- Toppings as desired- cojita cheese, chopped cilantro, red onion, crema and salsa verde
- Combine spices and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Slice potatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Place in microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH heat until potatoes are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. If using very lean ground turkey, add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Add turkey and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning blend. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes breaking up the meat with a spoon or spatula to distribute the seasonings evenly. Remove from skillet when crumbles are no longer pink; cover to keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sprinkle with remaining seasoning blend. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until potatoes are browned and slightly crispy. Stir in cooked turkey; heat through.
- Portion into tortillas. Top with poblanos and these optional toppings: cilantro, cojita cheese, crema and a drizzle of salsa verde.
To roast poblano chilies, place on hot grill or directly over burner on a gas stove. Cook until surface of chile is charred, turn and continue on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; close and let rest at least 5 minutes. Peel skin from peppers and remove seeds. Chop peppers. Peppers can be roasted ahead of time and refrigerated.