Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Delicious baked macaroni and cheese.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup Clabber Girl® Corn Starch
- 4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 – 2 cup topping, your choice: corn flakes, garlic croutons, crushed saltine crackers OR crushed cheese crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 3-quart casserole dish or 13 x-9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine corn starch and milk in a medium saucepan. Add salt, pepper and cayenne. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Continue to stir and boil for 1 minute or until very thick. Remove from heat. Gradually add both cheeses and stir until melted. Add cooked pasta and stir until blended. Pour mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with desired topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 35 minutes or until brown.