Cardamom Scented Couscous
Delicious Cardamom Scented Couscous.
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp Crisco Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cup water
- 2/3 cup diced dates
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast almonds on baking sheet for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until onion is soft. Add water, dates, apricots, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Add couscous and stir well. Cover and remove from heat. Let couscous sit for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Serve immediately.