Carrot Raisin Bran Muffins
Delicious Carrot Raisin Bran Muffins.
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cup raisin and wheat bran flakes cereal
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco Oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- Mix cereal, buttermilk and corn syrup in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg, sugar and oil. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir in cereal mixture just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.