Dalgona Frosted Fudge Cake
What do you get when you pair one of the year’s coolest food trends, with a classic fudge cake? Pure joy. Dalgona coffee- a combination of whipped instant coffee, sugar, and water, served with milk—became social media’s latest must-try. Credit: delish.com
- Yield: 12 Servings
FOR THE CAKE:
- Baker’s Joy Baking Spray
- 2c. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½c. granulated sugar
- 1 ½tsp. Clabber Girl Baking Soda
- 1tsp. Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- ½c. packed dark brown sugar
- ¾c. unsweetened dark coca powder
- 1tsp. kosher salt
- ¾c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1c. whole milk, room temperature
- 3large eggs, room temperature
- ½c. sour cream
- 2tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 (8 oz.)block cream cheese, softened
- 1c. unsalted butter, softened
- 3c. powdered sugar
- 1tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼tsp. kosher salt
- 3tsp. instant coffee granules
- 3tsp. hot water
- 3tsp. granulated sugar
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 13” metal baking pan with baking spray. Make the cake: In a large bowl, whisk the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk the butter, milk, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake, garnish with sprinkles, slice, and serve.
Make the frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In another large bowl, beat the coffee, sugar, and hot water until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Scrape the coffee mixture into the cream cheese mixture and beat until well combined.