Chicken and Basil Risotto
Delicious Chicken and Basil Risotto.
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tsp Sweet Basil
- Combine broth, wine and water in saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate 2-quart saucepan over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and pepper. Add half of the chicken; sautÃ© for 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside. Add 1 additional tablespoon oil to saucepan and repeat with remaining chicken. Set chicken aside; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to saucepan; stir in rice and onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in 1 cup of hot broth mixture. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook, stirring frequently, until all liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the broth has been absorbed. Rice should be creamy and al dente.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken. Heat through. Stir in Asiago cheese, and basil. Serve immediately.