Coconut Curried Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
Delicious coconut curried chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp Pure Olive Oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 large shallots, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2-1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Fine Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (1/2-inch piece size)
- 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, saute in Dutch oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until center is no longer pink. Remove chicken and cover.
- Add remaining oil to Dutch oven. Saute shallots and red onion for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle in curry powder, crushed red pepper and sea salt. Add sweet potatoes and coconut milk, bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are simmering, dice cooked chicken.
- Add chicken to sweet potatoes; simmer an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Top with green onion and cilantro; serve immediately.