Couscous with Summer Squash, Chicken and Feta
Delicious couscous with summer squash, chicken, and feta.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 box (11 ounces) couscous, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 cup cooked, diced chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread cooked couscous on a shallow tray to cool; break up any clumps.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add yellow squash, zucchini and brown sugar and cook 2 minutes (vegetables will still be crisp). Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and dill weed.
- Place couscous in large bowl with chicken, garbanzo beans and feta cheese. Pour squash mixture over the top and toss to mix. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill 30 minutes or longer.