Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Artichokes Recipe
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 65 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp. Spice Islands® Poultry Seasoning
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ C. white wine
- 1 C. reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 – 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained (or 1 ½ cups frozen artichoke hearts)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Trim and pound the chicken so that all breasts are the same thickness, about ½-inch.
- Season the chicken with poultry seasoning.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each breast.
- In a cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil for 1 minute over med-high heat. Sear one side of the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. In the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil and add the diced onion.
- Sauté for 2 minutes then add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the wine to deglaze the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and add the artichokes.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat as needed, then cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F in the center.
- Remove the chicken and add the lemon juice to the pan. Cook at a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve by dishing the artichoke sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.