Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Delicious fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 16
Sweet Fruit Salsa:
- 2 tart green apples
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 small orange
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp apple jelly
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp melted butter OR margarine
To prepare salsa:
- Finely chop apples, kiwi, grapes and strawberries and place in medium bowl.
- Grate orange peel to measure 1 teaspoon. Squeeze juice from orange. Add juice and grated peel to chopped fruit.
- Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple jelly in
small bowl. Add to fruit; toss gently to mix. Refrigerate 1 hour
to mix flavors.
To make cinnamon chips:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush one side of
tortillas with melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on
tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges (as you would a pie)
and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or
until golden. Cool.