Homestyle Dressing with Mushrooms
Delicious Homestyle Dressing with Mushrooms.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 to 2-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 1-1/2 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 12 cup day old bread cubes OR unseasoned bread cubes for stuffing
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and celery. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes just until vegetables are tender. Add 2 cups chicken broth, parsley, minced onion, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Pour the vegetable mixture over the bread cubes. Toss to combine. If dressing appears dry, add up to 1/2 cup chicken broth. Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until dressing is well browned.