Delicious Lemon Sorbet.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes + freezing
- Yield: 2 Cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Optional: Cookie cups, lemon wedges and additional lemon zest
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice. Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full;
freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer sorbet to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze until !rm,
about 4 hours. If desired, serve in cookie cups with lemon wedges and top with additional lemon