Mexican Chocolate Almond Cookies
Delicious Mexican Chocolate Almond Cookies.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Yield: 50 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Clabber Girl® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Beat butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Combine corn starch and flour. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter until well blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place one inch apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Roll warm cookies, a few at a time, in the 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks.