Sweet and Spicy Chili
- 1 Tbsp. Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 C. diced onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 red bell pepper, small diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 C. beef broth
- 1 – 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Grandma’s Molasses
- 4 Tbsp. Spice Islands Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Spice Islands Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp. Spice Islands Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands Ground Chipotle Chili
- ½ tsp. Spice Islands Coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Spice Islands Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 3 – 14 oz. cans kidney beans (1 can mashed)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until soft and caramelized. Add beef and pork. Cook until meat is browned. Drain any excess oil.
- Add bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, molasses, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, chipotle, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the beans and mashed beans. Simmer uncovered for 40-60 minutes. Serve hot.