Panzanella Italian Bread Salad
Delicious Panzanella Italian Bread Salad
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- 4 cup 1 inch cubes from day-old, firm Italian bread (cups 1-inch bread)
- 2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Sweet Basil
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt Adjustable Grinder
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and romaine in large serving bowl.
- Combine sugar, basil, sea salt, garlic, black pepper and red wine vinegar in a mixing bowl. Let sit 5 minutes for flavors to develop. Whisk in olive oil gradually.
- Toss salad ingredients with 1/4 to 1/3 cup salad dressing until thoroughly combined. Served immediately. Refrigerate remaining salad dressing in a sealed container for up to one week.
For crisper bread cubes, toast in a 350°F for 3 to 5 minutes.