Beau Monde Spice Rubbed Chicken Wings
Delicious Beau Monde Spice Rubbed Chicken Wings.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus 3 hours brine time)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 3 lbs chicken wings
Beau Monde Rub:
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands Beau Monde
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- To make the brining liquid: add 2 quarts water, salt, brown sugar, garlic and peppercorn to a medium saucepan set over high heat. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and allow brine to cool about 30 minutes.
- Add wings to a large bowl and carefully pour brine over the wings to submerge them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, make the dry rub: in a small bowl stir together Beau Monde, brown sugar, paprika, black and cayenne peppers. In a large bowl, toss the wings with up to ½ of the dry rub, reserving the rest for another time.
- Heat grill over medium-high. When hot, grill wings until nicely browned and charred, about 7 minutes per side. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.