- 2sugar pumpkins
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- 2medium shallots
- 3cloves garlic
- 2c. vegetable broth
- 1c. canned light coconut milk
- 2tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼tsp. sea salt
- ¼tsp. black pepper
- ¼tsp. Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- ¼tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Sour cream
- Whole nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the tops of the sugar pumpkins and halve them. Use a spoon to scrape out all of the seeds and strings.
- Brush the inside with oil and place face down on the baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and peel away skin. Set pumpkin aside.
- To a large saucepan over medium heat add olive oil, shallot and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the pumpkin flesh, and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Pour mixture back into pot.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes and taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Once plated in a bowl, drizzle sour cream and top with pepitas and grated whole nutmeg.