- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch parsley, leaves and tender stems separated, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands Smoked Paprika
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 15-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the parsley stems, garlic, cumin, paprika and red pepper flakes; season with salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is softened and the vegetables are coated with the spices, about 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Stir the tomatoes with their juices into the skillet. Reduce the heat to maintain a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break down and the sauce thickens slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon to make 4 wells in the sauce, 1 to 2 inches apart. Crack an egg into each well.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are just set, about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with the parsley leaves.