Spicy Indian Cauliflower and Garbanzo Bean Tacos
Delicious Spicy Indian Cauliflower and Garbanzo Bean Tacos.
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 6 tacos
- 2 tbsp Crisco Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1-1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cauliflower florets, broken into small pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt Adjustable Grinder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (canned, not refrigerated)
- 6 naan OR pita breads
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Plain yogurt, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet. When hot, add mustard seeds and cover. When seeds stop spattering, add turmeric, ginger and onions. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower, garbanzo beans, salt, crushed red pepper, lemon juice and coconut milk. Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Portion into pita bread. Top with cilantro, cashews and yogurt if desired.