Spinach and Hummus Pizza
Delicious Spinach and Hummus Pizza.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1-1/2 tbsp Whole Cumin Seed
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Oregano
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cup thinly sliced onion, rings separated
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup fresh spinach, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place beans, lemon juice, Tahini, cumin seed, garlic powder and oregano in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Spread 1/2 cup hummus onto pizza crust. Top with onion and spinach; sprinkle evenly with Asiago, feta and mozzarella cheeses. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Serve remaining hummus with pita chips. Or use as a sandwich spread.