Poké is the Hawaiian verb meaning to slice or cut. This raw fish salad is typically served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine!
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup tamari OR soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 lb sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 2 tsp Sesame Seed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp slivered, toasted nori seaweed
- Combine tamari, sesame oil, grated ginger and crushed red pepper in a glass mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cut ahi tuna into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to tamari mixture and toss until well coated. Refrigerate for a minimum of 25 minutes.
- Toss again after removing from refrigerator and place in serving bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onion and silvered seaweed.