Spiced Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands Turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 tsp Spice Islands Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of Chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into a half-inch dice
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- White rice (or rice of your choosing), seasoned to taste
- Chopped parsley (to serve)
- Avocado, thinly sliced (to serve)
- Lime wedges (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Measure all Spice Islands spices into a small bowl. Add oil and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Add red onion, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil & seasoning and toss until fully coated.
- Place your seasoned vegetables on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, remove from the oven, mix in the seasoned red onions, and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and red onions on top of rice. Garnish with a lime wedge, parsley, and sliced avocado.