Yankee Sweet Potatoes
Delicious Yankee Sweet Potatoes.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 can (16 ounces each) sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled and cored apples
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup walnut OR pecan halves, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Cut sweet potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange half of potatoes evenly in a shallow 1-1/2 quart casserole. Top with apples, then with remaining potatoes. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine dried cranberries, sugar, butter, and pumpkin pie spice. Microwave on high power 1 minute, or until butter is melted. Stir to blend.
- Drizzle cranberry sugar mixture evenly over potatoes. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Cover and bake 1 hour.