Cranberry Apple Chutney
Delicious cranberry apple chutney.
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh OR frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large apples, cored, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2/3 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Combine cranberries, water, apples, sugar, onion, raisins, ginger, garlic, salt, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add corn syrup, vinegar and pecans. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Delicious served with roast turkey, pork roast or baked ham.
Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.