Mexican Skillet with Quick Tamale Dumplings
Delicious Mexican Skillet with Quick Tamale Dumplings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Minced Onion
- 1 package chili seasoning, original
- 2 can (11 ounces each) Mexican style corn with peppers, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 to 8 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar OR colby-jack cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, chili seasoning, corn, tomato sauce and water. Heat to simmering.
- Combine corn muffin mix, garlic powder and milk in a small bowl. Drop by spoonfuls onto simmering meat mixture. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until dumplings are done. (Test for doneness by pressing lightly – dough should spring back).
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.