Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Delicious Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 1 (12-inch) pizza
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- OR Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp Beau Monde®
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 lb deli roast beef
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pasteurized American flavored cheese snack (aerosol), optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest while preparing toppings.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning until well combined; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, black pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning and cook until soft, about 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Layer with deli beef, sautéed vegetales and mozzarella cheese. Top with pasteurized cheese snack, if desired.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
If you don’t have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.