Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Delicious Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Total Time: 9 Hours, 40 Minutes
- Yield: 10
- 6 slice crisp bacon, crumbled
- 5 cup peeled and cubed, red potatoes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup Minced Onion
- 2 can (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 8 oz (2 cups) Monterey Jack OR white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine bacon, potatoes, corn, onions, broth, water, garlic salt, pepper and turmeric in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 8 to 9 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cheese. Cover and heat until cheese melts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot. Garnish each bowl with chives, if desired.
- Place bacon, potatoes, corn, onions, broth, water, garlic salt, pepper and turmeric in stock pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Add 1 additional cup of broth, if needed). Add milk and cheese, and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.