Tropical Chewy Granola Bars
A tasty snack great for on the go! Mixed with coconut, pineapple, goji berry, and chia seeds, these granola bars won't make you feel guilty if you have two or three.
- Yield: 10 bars
- 2 1/2 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 1/2 cup Almonds, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Fine Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes, Toasted
- 1/4 cup Dried Pineapple, Diced
- 1/4 cup Dried Goji Berries
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Almonds, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Dried Pineapple, Diced
- 2 tbsp Dried Goji Berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast almonds and oats on a parchment lined baking sheet for 8 minutes, mixing the nuts and oats halfway through. Remove, cool, and set aside 2 tablespoons of almonds for later. Then transfer to a large bowl and add ¼ cup pineapple, ¼ cup goji berries, coconut, and chia seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine agave, coconut oil, brown sugar, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until all of the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes, then add vanilla.
- Once the sugar mixture is ready, pour over the oat mixture in the large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer granola mixture to an 8×8 baking dish lined with lightly greased parchment (for larger bars, use a loaf pan) and firmly press the granola into the pan. Take the remaining almonds, pineapple, and goji berries and sprinkle over the top of the granola bars, pressing into the mixture to set. Refrigerate for 2 hours until the bars become firm. Once ready, remove the block from the refrigerator and cut into 10 bars.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy for up to one week.