Carrot Cake Cookies
Created by Megan @the_art.of.baking A cross between a cookie and a slice of carrot cake! These cookies are super moist and thick, loaded with Spice Island spices, coconut, walnuts and raisins! They are topped with the BEST homemade cream cheese frosting! Perfect for the spring season!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Yield: 24 cookies
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Spice Islands Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Spice Islands Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Spice Islands Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp Spice Islands Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots about 4 large carrots
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened) about 2 packages
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice and nutmeg. Mix until combined and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, using your beater attachment, beat your butter on medium high speed until soft and airy. Add your brown sugar and sugar and beat until combined. Add your eggs and Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract and beat until combined.
- Slowly add your flour mixture into your butter mixture while mixing on medium low speed. Beat until all the flour is completely and evenly combined into the dough. Set aside.
- In a food processor, using your shredding attachment, shred your carrots. If you do not have a food processor you could use a box shredder for this. Measure 2 heaping cups of shredded carrots and place them into your dough.
- Add your coconut, chopped walnuts, and raisins into your batter. Beat on medium low speed until evenly combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a heaping tablespoon, scoop out and roll your cookie balls (each about the size of an egg). Place your cookie balls on your lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. Using your fingers, slightly press down the tops of your cookies.
- Place your cookies in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Bake your cookies at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.
- Let your cookies completely cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using your beater attachment, beat your cream cheese on medium high speed until soft and airy. Then add your butter and beat until fluffy consistency.
- Add your powdered sugar and beat on medium low speed until completely combined and smooth. Then add your milk and Spice Islands Pure vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Using a knife, spread your frosting on top of your cookies
- Optional: Decorate cookies with extra shredded carrot, coconut, and walnuts.