Blueberry Cinnamon Cheesecake Bars
Created by: @therosewifebakes
- 4 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a handheld electric mixer, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, cinnamon and salt, and mix by hand until the crust just comes together. Press evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges have begun to brown and the crust has begun to set. Once baked, set aside to cool. Immediately adjust oven to 300 degrees F.
- For the cheesecake, using a handheld electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the sugar until light and fluffy. No lumps should remain. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Fold in the blueberries, reserving a few to put on the top before baking. Pour cheesecake batter over the crust. Top with remaining blueberries. Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes. Center should rise with little to no jiggle.
- Once baked, allow cheesecake to sit on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Place a piece of saran wrap directly on the cheesecake and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. Once properly chilled, remove from pan and cut into squares. Top with fresh whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon, if desired.